Sunday, 1 October 2017

Another Linen Lovely - More Vintage Linens into Camisole Top

vintage embroidered linen camisole top by karen vallerius

Vintage Embroidered Linens into Camisole Top


At last I have been able to get on with some more sewing  as I have been rather busy of late, notably with the wonderful Stamford Georgian Festival last weekend.

Stamford Georgian Festival 2017


I attended a great costume workshop with Costumier-saurus which was so interesting and I was able to try on a variety of Georgian style hats and also a wonderful redingote.  We also attended a yummy coffee and chocolate talk and went on a delightful guided walk of Stamford which revealed lots of Georgian architectural gems we had not previously noticed.

Stamford Georgian Festival 2017 by karen vallerius

Doesn't our guide look just wonderful?  She was quite lovely and had us all laughing as she explained so many interesting things about Georgian social history.  This photo was taken looking across the river.

Repurposed Vintage Linens


vintage embroidered linen camisole top by karen vallerius

vintage embroidered linen camisole top by karen vallerius

vintage embroidered linen camisole top by karen vallerius

Once again I used a wide variety of vintage embroidered tablecloths, doileys and tray cloths.  I think the base textile used, the one you can see with white on white embroidery and a scalloped edge, is Victorian.  The other textile fragments are later, mainly from the 30s through to the 50s.  I used a basic camisole pattern and appliqued the pieces of embroidery onto the garment.

Vintage embroidered flowers


vintage embroidered linen camisole top by karen vallerius

vintage embroidered linen camisole top by karen vallerius

I love the way that the colours of the vintage embroidery silks complement one another so well so that even though pieces have been cut from various vintage items, they all blend into a lovely new garment.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© karen vallerius | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig