Wednesday, 7 December 2016
Tiny teddy bear trial
I wanted to experiment with stitching a Japanese inspired tiny teddy in the kawaii mascot genre, so I wondered whether the tiny doll template I made a couple of years ago would serve as the body for the little bear.
I had stitched the original doll in flat form over a tiny pipecleaner frame and had always found her a little flat! Still cute though at just under 3" tall.
This time, I ladder stitched the outside of the felt teddy body and then stuffed it with some wadding scraps (I pushed them in using a cocktail stick). I like this shape to the body more, it is much more cute.
I tried to cut out tiny felt circles for the eyes but simply could not cut the felt small enough, so resorted to good old French knots in black embroidery floss. Teddy also has red buttons made from French knots as well.
Will report back with more tiny experiments soon x