I have been inspired by some lovely clothing on Pinterest and decided to try stitching flowers onto one of my latest Victorian style creations. This skirt was made using some vintage crinkle cotton for the black & floral underskirts. The overskirt layer on top was made from a heavy satin taken from a vintage 80s puffball skirt - the satin has a lot of body which I like as it sits quite firmly on top of the skirt. I decided to applique some roses onto this using offcuts from the floral cotton. I constructed roses by the "spider rose" technique and then further sculpted the roses by stitching the petals here & there to add depth & texture. I finished them with some small embroidered leaves. My first attempt at applique flowers, it won't be the last!