Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Vintage Petticoat Rescue

vintage petticoat rescue by karen vallerius

vintage petticoat rescue by karen vallerius

This vintage petticoat was very beautiful with some lovely broderie anglaise but had been through the wars & needed some attention.
Firstly, I removed the label inside as I was concerned this might run when I bleached the fabric.  After soaking for a couple of hours in a weak bleach solution, I laundered & line dried the petticoat.  It had a rather voluminous waistline with tapes inside the waist casing.  I opened the casings at the side seams so that the tapes could be pulled up to gather the waistline & fastened with a bow inside.  I rethreaded the original peach ribbon through the slotted broderie anglaise trim at the top.  Using white cotton thread, I darned over one small dark dot which I had been unable to remove.  Finally I stitched on some white cotton daisy trims to camouflage a couple of small holes towards the hemline.
This petticoat is now officially ready to party!
vintage petticoat rescue by karen vallerius

vintage petticoat rescue by karen vallerius

vintage petticoat rescue by karen vallerius


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© karen vallerius | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig